Your financial gift supports Versiti Blood Research Institute investigators as they research better treatments and cures for blood diseases.
At Versiti Blood Research Institute, our investigators work to gain a better understanding of blood diseases, including cancer, and how they can effectively be treated with minimal negative consequences.
Individualized medical therapies, like stem cell and cell therapy treatments, allow alternatives for cancer patients who potentially can void the harmful effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
Your philanthropic donation supports research to:
- Understand why some patients with COVID-19 develop severe blood clots
- Develop new, less toxic therapies for diseases like leukemia
- Study the impact of sickle cell disease on patients
- Improve immune responses and develop better vaccines and therapies
- Understand how the nervous system regulates blood cell production
Support us on the path for cures to all blood diseases. Together, we can save lives.
When she was a young child, Taylor was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. As part of her treatment to beat cancer, she received 22 blood transfusions to help her body recover from grueling chemotherapy. After three years of treatment, Taylor was declared cancer-free.
As a childhood cancer survivor, Taylor grew up happy and healthy and even played on her high school volleyball team. She and her family organize community blood drives and highlight how blood donors save the lives of patients in our communities.