2022 Versiti Employee Summer Blood Drive Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY; void where prohibited. A purchase or donation does not increase your chances of winning.
- Promotion Description. The Versiti Employee Summer Blood Drive Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will take place on June 9, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time (CT), during the Versiti Employee Summer Blood Drive (the “Event”), located at Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Donor Center.
The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and, by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and by all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any materials (including, without limitation, advertisements) and these Official Rules, the terms in these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. Entry constitutes acceptance of all Official Rules. Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sponsor. Versiti, Inc., 638 North 18th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233.
- Eligibility.The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are legal U.S. residents physically residing in the 50 United States (includes DC) and are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in their state of residence.
- Sweepstakes Period. Entries for the Sweepstakes will be accepted from 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT., on June 9, 2022.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, please visit the donor registration table at the Event during the Sweepstakes Period. Complete the Sweepstakes entry form located at the table, and submit the completed entry form into the designated receptacle. Please note that entrants do NOT have to register to donate blood (or donate blood) in order to enter the Sweepstakes; registering to donate blood will not affect an entrants’ ability to enter or odds of winning.
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received for the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple names or any other methods will void all of that person’s entries for the Sweepstakes, and that person will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, corrupted, or misdirected entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). Six (6) prizes will be randomly awarded in total, in the following order:
- Bartolotta Restaurants gift card – $100.00
- Milwaukee Public Market gift card – $50.00
- Milwaukee Art Museum gift card – $50.00
- Milwaukee Zoo gift card – $50.00
- Stone Creek Coffee gift card – $25.00
- Colectivo gift card – $25.00
Limit one (1) prize per person. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. PLEASE NOTE: Taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If requested by Sponsor, affidavit of eligibility (including SSN), prize acceptance form, tax information, and/or mutually acceptable liability releases may be required where not prohibited. Gift cards subject to terms and conditions. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation and, in such case, the merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s and/or service providers’ terms and conditions, and the winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers and/or service providers for any warranty or guarantee claim. No substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not transferable, except that any winner, regardless of age, may transfer prize to a parent or legal guardian. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to substitute a prize of the same or equal approximate retail value. For prizes $600 or more in value to an individual winner in a calendar year, winner’s social security number or taxpayer ID will be required in order to issue a Form 1099-MISC showing prize ARV as income to winner. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about June 24, 2022. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor in accordance with the Official Rules, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes are binding and final. The potential prize winners will be notified via the contact information provided by the participant at the time of entry. If any winner notification remains unanswered for more than seventy-two (72) hours, the prize will be automatically forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information or for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor after being selected as a winner. A potential winner unwilling to accept the prize, or to otherwise agree to the terms of the prize award, will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing. All prizes will be mailed to the winners address provided.
- Publicity and Marketing. Subject to applicable privacy laws and policies, acceptance of the prize constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s name, biographical data and likeness for advertising, promotion, or marketing purposes, as permitted by law, without additional compensation, by Sponsor.
- Release and Indemnification. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, participating dealers and retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors and promotional and other vendor agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Errors & Modifications. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend the Official Rules at any time, without prior individual notice, should any factor interfere with the administration, security, or proper play of this Sweepstakes, as contemplated by these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, pandemic, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or any order of any court or jurisdiction, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If Sponsor in its discretion elects to so abbreviate the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should any causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of this promotion.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated only according to applicable Wisconsin law. Do not enter this promotion if you are not located in the United States. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN WISCONSIN; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT MAY A CLAIM BE MADE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES; (3) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, MAY BE AWARDED (COLLECTIVELY, “SPECIAL DAMAGES”); AND (4) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. WISCONSIN LAW, WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CHOICE OF LAW RULES, GOVERNS THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL ASPECTS RELATED THERETO.
- Announcement of Winner. To obtain an announcement of the winners (available on or about June 30, 2022) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a request including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Versiti, Inc., Versiti Employee Summer Blood Drive, Attn: Donor Marketing, P.O. Box 2178, Milwaukee, WI 53201-2178. Requests must be received within 90 days of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. Winners’ names may also be announced via the Versiti website (see www.versiti.org).