3 Lives Saved by 1 Heroic Donor
Calling all hometown heroes. Did you know one blood donation can save up to three lives? You’re invited to join other donors in giving blood and saving lives at the Hometown Hero Blood Drive.
One of those lives could be the next Gia Danninger. Gia was 5 years old when she was diagnosed with aplastic anemia, a rare disease that occurs when the body stops producing enough new blood cells. Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, she received numerous lifesaving blood transfusions and a successful bone marrow transplant.
Now, Gia and her family are thankful for the lifesavers who gave her a second chance at life. “Blood donations can totally change someone’s world,” says, Gia’s mom, Jenna.
Blood drive details:
Hometown Hero Blood Drive
Date: February 25, 2020
Times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
2810 Golf Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Donors will be entered to win prizes each hour, while supplies last. (See the list below.) Refreshments and free child care will be available.
- FREE entrée coupons to the new movie tavern at Marcus Theaters at Brookfield Square (valued at $15 each)
- Tickets to the March 4th Bucks vs. Pacers game
- $100 gift cards and Birthday Package to Stone Fire Pizza Co. in New Berlin
- Admissions to Bounce Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County Zoo tickets, includes parking