There is no substitute for the lifesaving gift of blood. It is precious. It is perishable. And the need for it is vital. Please consider a blood donation today.
As members of the Versiti family, we lift each other up. Across all of our communities, we’ve seen loyal donors like you turn out in droves to answer the call to save lives, and we are humbled and eternally grateful for your heroic efforts. Thanks for your continued support, grace, and understanding to our donor services teams!
Together with you, we are a beacon of hope.
Ensuring Donor Safety
Donor Health & Registration:
- All donor-facing staff will have their temperature taken prior to beginning their work day
- Donors temperatures will be taken at registration to ensure they are not elevated prior to entering donation areas
- Donors will be asked if they've come in contact with someone who's tested positive for COVID-19
- Donors will be asked to wash hands prior to screening
- Donors will be asked if they are currently experiencing coughing or shortness of breath
- If any of the above is true, donors will be asked to self-defer
- We encourage all donors to make an appointment to lessen the amount of people waiting at our donor centers
- To comply with government regulations, all sponsors and donors must wear personal masks at donor centers and mobile drives
- Ensuring six feet of space between chairs in waiting areas and cafe
- Ensuring six feet of space between donation chairs and/or separation with medical screens
- If appointment registration congestion occurs, we will ask for your cell phone number and text when your appointment is ready
- We clean all equipment, beds, and other surfaces after each donor finishes their donation
- Changing gloves frequently and between donors is part of our normal practice
- We will maintain sanitized pen bins, so donors are only using clean pens at sign-in