These awards support excellence in science and continue the Blood Research Institute’s legacy of excellence and learning by recruiting and retaining the best and brightest individuals to our research program. These supplements will be awarded throughout the post-doctoral fellow’s tenure on the fellowship.
Duration: 1-2 years
Director’s Fellowship Award
Established in 2011 by J. Scott and Genevieve Harkness.
- Research Focus: Unrestricted
- Mechanism: Salary supplement intended to help attract postdoctoral fellows to the BRI
- Amount: $7,500 (salary and fringe)/year for 2 years
- Eligibility: Postdoctoral Fellow
- Citizenship: Unrestricted
- Current Recipients: Heather Ashwood, PhD; Amy Siebert-McKenzie, PhD
- Slots currently available
- Past Recipients: Alison Meyer, PhD; Alyssa Moroi, PhD; Ryan Zander, PhD; Melissa Lee-Sundlov, PhD
In addition to reporting requirements, fellows and mentors are expected to participate in meetings and tours with benefactors, advisory board members and program officials, as requested.
Qualified applicants should send curriculum vitae, a brief description of recent research, statement of future research objectives, and three letters of recommendation electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.