BLOODCENTER OF WISCONSIN
FEBRUARY 2018 SWEEPSTAKES – GAS CARD PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase necessary, void where prohibited; a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Package Description. The February 2018 Donor Gas Card Sweepstakes begins on February 14, 2018 and ends on February 28, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and by all decisions of Sponsor which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any materials (including, without limitation, advertisements) and these Official Rules, the terms in these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor reserves the right to alter or terminate the Sweepstakes at its sole discretion in the event of extreme, unexpected or unusual circumstances. Entry constitutes acceptance of all Official Rules.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who: (1) are legal U.S. residents who physically reside in the 50 United States (includes DC), (2) are 18 years of age or older, and (3) visit a BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor center or mobile drive between February 14, 2018 and February 28, 2018. For a list of BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor locations, go to https://donor.bcw.edu/donor/schedules/centers. Employees of Sponsor and the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild) and household members of all such employees, are NOT eligible. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- How To Enter. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes: (1) by donating blood at a BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor center or mobile drive between February 14, 2018 and February 28, 2018; or (2) by submitting an Official Sweepstakes Entry Form available at a BloodCenter of Wisconsin location. The choice of entry method will not affect an entrant’s chances of winning. To enter by donating, visit a BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor center or mobile drive between February 14, 2018 and February 28, 2018, and donate blood to be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. Entrants using this method of entry must also agree to Sponsor’s Official Rules. To be a blood donor, individuals must meet the minimum qualifications to donate blood or blood products (i.e., weigh at least 110 pounds). To enter without attempting to donate blood, eligible individuals must visit a BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor center or mobile drive (for locations, see https://www.bcw.edu/bcw/Blood- Donation/donation centers/index.htm) between February 14, 2018 and February 28, 2018 and complete and submit the Official Sweepstakes Entry Form. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Limit one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple names or any other methods will void all of that person’s entries and that person will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, corrupted, or misdirected entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries will be deemed made by the first and last name and/or authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized person or holder of the identified e-mail account.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). 75 prizes will be awarded. Each Prize consists a $50 gas gift card. The Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $50. Prizes are non-transferable. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If there are applicable Taxes on Prize, they are the sole responsibility of the winner. Affidavit of eligibility (including SSN), prize acceptance form, tax information, assignment of rights, background check, publicity release, and/or mutually acceptable liability releases may be required where not prohibited. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation and, in such case, the merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s and/or service provide r’s terms and conditions, and the winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers and/or service providers for any warranty or guarantee claim. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to substitute a prize of the same or equal approximate retail value. For prizes $600 or more in value to an individual winner in a calendar year, winner’s social security number or taxpayer i.d. will be required in order to issue a Form 1099-MISC showing prize ARV as income to winner. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Limit one Prize per person.
If the Prize involves travel: If the Prize includes airfare and the potential winner lives outside of the Milwaukee area or cannot use the roundtrip airfare tickets between Milwaukee and the destination, the potential winner may forfeit this portion of the prize and arrange, at winner’s sole cost and expense, alternative travel arrangements to the destination for potential winner and guest. If potential winner elects to forfeit the roundtrip airfare, Sponsor will not pay for any costs, fees, or taxes related to the potential winner’s alternative travel arrangements. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. If a winner is under the age of 21, his or her guest for the promotion must be a legal parent or legal guardian. Winners are subject to verification of identity and eligibility. Winner and guest must possess any necessary valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID) and be available to travel on dates designated by Sponsor or Prize will be forfeited (at Sponsor’s final discretion). Sponsor will determine airport, airline, flight itineraries, and hotel accommodations in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of the flight. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winner’s sole responsibility. Travel restrictions may apply. The actual value of the Prize is expected to vary based on airfare fluctuations and hotel pricing. If the actual value of the travel portion is less than stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash, and no such claim will be honored.
No substitutions, no cash outs, no transfers of the prize are permitted; except any winner, regardless of age, may transfer the Prize to a parent or legal guardian.
By accepting the Prize, the winner and guest agree to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes activity, including, without limitation, the event. The winner and guest each understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner and/or the guest from any activity at any time if such individual’s behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to p erson, property or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor. The winner and guest will be responsible for arranging their own travel insurance at their own expense.
- Winner Selection and Notification. A potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, which will occur on or before March, 7, 2018 at BloodCenter of Wisconsin, 638 N. 18th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53201-2178. Drawing will be conducted in accordance with the Official Rules by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes are binding and final. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential prize winner will be notified via the contact information provided by the participant at the time of entry. All winners will have their prize mailed to the contact information provided by the participant at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information or for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor after being selected as a winner. Affidavit of eligibility (including SSN), prize acceptance form, tax information, assignment of rights, background check, publicity release, and/or mutually acceptable liability releases may be required. A potential winner unwilling to accept this Prize, or to otherwise agree to the terms of the prize award, will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing.
- Publicity and Marketing. Subject to applicable privacy laws and policies, acceptance of the prize constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s name, biographical data and likeness for advertising, promotion, or marketing purposes, as permitted by law, without additional compensation, by Sponsor.
- Release and Indemnification. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, participating dealers and retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors and promotional and other vendor agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives o f any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Errors & Modifications. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If for any reason Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If Sponsor in its discretion elects to so abbreviate the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated only according to applicable United States law. Do not enter this promotion if you are not located in the United States. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should any causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this promotion.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN WISCONSIN, (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, (3) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, MAY BE AWARDED (COLLECTIVELY, “SPECIAL DAMAGES”), AND (4) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIV ES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. WISCONSIN LAW, WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CHOICE OF LAW RULES, GOVERNS THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL ASPECTS RELATED THERETO.
- Announcement of Winner. To obtain an announcement of the winner (available on or about March 9, 2018) or a copy of the
Official Rules, send a request including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Inc., Attn: Marketing, 638 North 18th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53201-2178. Requests must be received by March 1, 2018. The winner’s name may also be announced via the BloodCenter of Wisconsin Website (see www.bcw.edu).
- Sponsor. BloodCenter of Wisconsin, 638 North 18th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53201.
//End of Official Rules//