Bears v. Packers Ticket Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; void where prohibited.
1. Sponsor. Heartland Blood Centers, 1200 N. Highland Avenue, Aurora, IL 60506.
2. Sweepstakes Period / Entry Periods. The Bears v. The Packers Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on November 18, 2018 and ends on November 25, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”)
Limit one (1) entry per person per each Sweepstakes/Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries from one sweepstakes will not roll-over to subsequent sweepstakes. Entries that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, mechanically reproduced, falsified, mutilated, damaged, altered or otherwise irregular, misdirected entries, or entries not received for any other reason will be void and disqualified at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who: (i) are legal U.S. residents who physically reside in the 50 United States (includes DC), unless otherwise prohibited in the State, and (ii) are at least 16 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, The Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc. (“Chicago Bears”) and the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild) and household members of all such employees, are NOT eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. How To Enter. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes. The choice of entry method will not affect an entrant’s chances of winning.
Entry Method 1: Attempt to donate blood at the Chicago Bears Sponsored Thanksgiving Blood Drive on Wednesday, 11/21/2018. To be a blood donor, individuals must meet the minimum qualifications to donate blood or blood products (e.g., weigh at least 110 pounds). You will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes that corresponds with the date on which you attempted to donate blood. See table above for Entry Periods.
Entry Method 2: To enter without attempting to donate blood, mail a 3” by 5” card to Heartland Blood Centers, Attn: Marketing, 1200 N. Highland Avenue, Aurora, IL 60506 with the following hand-written information: the words “Bears v. Packers Tickets Sweepstakes,” your first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Mail-in entries will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes that corresponds with the date on which the mail-in entry is post-marked.
For a list of Heartland Blood Centers donor locations, go to https://ht.heartlandbc.org/donor/schedules/centers.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected for the Sweepstakes/Entry Period. The Winner will receive a prize consisting of the following: • Two (2) complimentary tickets to the Bears v. Packers game on Sunday December 16, 2018 at 12:00 PM plus one (1) parking pass for the Waldron Deck and two (2) on the field experiences (to be issued at the game) (“Prize”).
Total ARV of Prize to be awarded: $400.00.
Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Taxes on Prize is the sole responsibility of the Winner. Affidavit of eligibility (including SSN), prize acceptance form, tax information, assignment of rights, background check, publicity release, and/or mutually acceptable liability releases may be required where not prohibited. Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation and, in such case, the merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s and/or service providers terms and conditions, and the winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers and/or service providers for any warranty or guarantee claim. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to substitute a prize of the same or equal approximate retail value. For prizes $600 or more in value to an individual winner in a calendar year, Winner’s social security number or taxpayer i.d. will be required in order to issue a Form 1099-MISC showing prize ARV as income to winner. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Limit one (1) prize per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
If the Winner is under eighteen (18) years of age or under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry, a parent or legal guardian will be required to accept the prize on the minor’s behalf. If the Winner of a prize is less than twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the game, Winner’s guest (“Guest”) to the game must be the Winner’s parent or legal guardian.
Winner and Guest must agree to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in an event of this nature. The winner must understand and agree that the Chicago Bears have the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner and/or his/her guest from any activity at any time if such individual’s behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor.
The Winner and Guest must act in compliance with all of Chicago Bears’ rules and standards for on-field experiences. This means that during the time that the Winner and Guest have sideline access or are otherwise participating in the pre-game festivities they must (1) be 13 years of age or older, (2) follow all of the instructions provided by the designated Sponsor’s representatives; (3) display appropriate sideline credentials at all times; (4) dress in appropriate attire (preferable Chicago Bears jersey or gear) and refrain from wearing the gear or attire of the game-day opponent or any NFL team except for the Chicago Bears; (5) refrain from unruly, loud and/or disruptive behavior; and (6) avoid showing up in an intoxicated state or otherwise displaying signs of alcohol consumption or use of any controlled dangerous substances. Failure to comply with any of the above may result in disqualification of the Winner at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
6. Winner Selection and Notification. Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about December 1, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each separate Sweepstakes/Entry Period. The drawing will take place at the Heartland Blood Centers, 1200 N. Highland Ave., Aurora, IL 60506. Drawing will be conducted in accordance with the Official Rules by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes are binding and final. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential prize winner will be notified via the contact information provided by the participant at the time of entry. If any winner notification remains unanswered for more than seventy-two (72) hours, the Prize will be automatically forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information or for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor after being selected as a winner. Affidavit of eligibility (including SSN), prize acceptance form, tax information, assignment of rights, background check, publicity release, and/or mutually acceptable liability releases may be required. A potential winner unwilling to accept this Prize, or to otherwise agree to the terms of the prize award, will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing.
7. Publicity and Marketing. Subject to applicable privacy laws and policies, acceptance of the prize constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s name, biographical data and likeness for advertising, promotion, or marketing purposes, as permitted by law, without additional notice, compensation, or consent, by Sponsor.
8. Release and Indemnification. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Chicago Bears, participating dealers and retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors and promotional and other vendor agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
9. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend the Official Rules at any time, without prior individual notice, should any factor interfere with the administration, security, or proper play of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If Sponsor in its discretion elects to so abbreviate the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
10. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules and, by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and by all decisions of Sponsor which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any materials (including, without limitation, advertisements) and these Official Rules, the terms in these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated only according to applicable United States law. Do not enter this promotion if you are not located in the United States. Entries will be deemed made by the first and last name and/or authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized person or holder of the identified e-mail account.
11. THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC, NFL PRODUCTIONS LLC AND NFL INTERNATIONAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “NFL ENTITIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES, OTHER THAN THE CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL CLUB, INC., HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY.
12. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN ILLINOIS, (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, (3) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, MAY BE AWARDED (COLLECTIVELY, “SPECIAL DAMAGES”), AND (4) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. ILLINOIS LAW, WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CHOICE OF LAW RULES, GOVERNS THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL ASPECTS RELATED THERETO.
13. Announcement of Winner and Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the winners’ list (available on or about December 8, 2018) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a request including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Heartland Blood Centers, Attn: Marketing, 1200 N. Highland Ave., Aurora IL 60506. Requests must be received by December 1, 2018. The winner’s name may also be announced via the Heartland Blood Centers Website (see www.versiti.org/illinois).
//End of Official Rules//