Fellowships & Awards
Versiti Blood Research Institute offers a number of fellowships and awards to graduate students and post-doctorate fellows. Fellowship opportunities are also available through external funding resources, including the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Cardiovascular Center and Cancer Center
These awards support excellence in science and continue Versiti Blood Research Institute’s legacy of excellence and learning by recruiting and retaining the best and brightest individuals to our research program. These supplements will be awarded throughout the post-doctoral fellow’s tenure on the fellowship.
Duration: 1-2 years
The Director’s Fellowship Award was established in 2011 by J. Scott and Genevieve Harkness.
- Research focus: unrestricted
- Mechanism: salary supplement intended to help attract postdoctoral fellows to Versiti Blood Research Institute
- Amount: $7,500 (salary and fringe)/year for two years
- Eligibility: postdoctoral fellow
- Citizenship: unrestricted
- Current recipients: Heather Ashwood, PhD; Katherine Badior, PhD; Amy Siebert-McKenzie, PhD
- Past recipients: Alison Meyer, PhD; Alyssa Moroi, PhD; Ryan Zander, PhD; Melissa Lee-Sundlov, PhD
In addition to reporting requirements, fellows and mentors are expected to participate in meetings and tours with benefactors, advisory board members and program officials, as requested.
Interested applicants should request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.