Last modified: August 22, 2023
2. Protected Health Information
Some information Versiti collects constitutes protected health information (“PHI”) under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Versiti provides you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing how we collect, use, maintain, protect, and disclose your PHI. Note that Versiti is a hybrid entity under HIPAA and Versiti’s organ and tissue procurement services, blood donor services, and research functions are generally not regulated by HIPAA.
3. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us or through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us email@example.com or call us at (414) 937-6418.
4. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site (collectively, “Personal Data”), specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, home address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, bank account, credit, or debit card information (for processing donation payments only), date of birth, gender, your medical history, health information, and other information you chose to submit to submit to us; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access and use our Site, and usage details, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Site.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide Us
The information we collect on or through our Site is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us or requesting our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Site, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Site;
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and mobile application version information; and
- events, such as appointments scheduled or confirmed, pages viewed, and your clicks on buttons, emails, and links.
Our mobile applications collect real-time information about the location of your device. If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the mobile app or delete it from your device. You can also choose whether or not to allow our mobile app to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of our mobile application may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our business operations and services offering;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Meta Pixel. We use Meta Pixel, a web analytics and advertising service provided by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”) on our Site. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook advertisement, keep track of users who access our Site or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Meta Pixel is also saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent for use of your data with Facebook Pixel https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer donations and other program or service related transactions (including processing credit card and debit card transactions) that you request and we agreed to provide;
- to register and service your Versiti account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to administer quizzes, surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Site, or any related products or services we offer or provide through the Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
As set forth above, Versiti provides a Notice of Privacy Practices describing our use of PHI. Versiti will use PHI only as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Versiti about our Site users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and,
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Versiti, our donors, customers, supporters, partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
As set forth above, Versiti provides a Notice of Privacy Practices describing our disclosure of PHI regulated by HIPAA. Versiti will disclose PHI only as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
We may disclose de-identified, aggregated information about our users without restriction.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow our mobile application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the mobile application may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Emails from Versiti. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Versiti to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Versiti as a result of your use of our services.
- Text Messages from Versiti. If you do not wish to receive informational text messages from Versiti, you can opt-out at any time by texting the word STOP in response to any text message you receive. We may confirm your opt out by text message.
8. Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your Personal Data. You can access and modify certain Personal Data we have about you through our your donor account page on our Site or you can contact us email or otherwise as indicated in our Contact Information below. Please notify us of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your Versiti accounts. We may not be able to delete certain Personal Data if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You have certain rights under HIPAA with respect to your PHI. Please review our Notice of Privacy Practices for more information.
9. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals.
10. Data Security
We have implemented data security measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password in connection with the use of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or in your operating system.
12. Contact Information
How to Contact Us:
638 North 18th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Attention: Privacy Officer
Telephone: (414) 937-6418