This program is designed to create awareness of the need for a strong and consistent blood supply within our community while providing high school students with an opportunity to support their community. By supporting local blood drives students are not only giving back to the community, they are eligible to receive a scholarship toward their post-secondary education and recognition cords at graduation.
Benefits for the Student
- Builds leadership skills and earn recognition cords at graduation
- Educates students on the importance of blood and how blood is used to heal and save lives.
- Offers an opportunity for community service through volunteer hours.
Benefits for the School
- Provides the school with scholarship funding.
- Provides opportunities for schools to engage and support their community.
- Gives schools a platform to recognize student leadership within the community.
Benefits for the Community
- Supports a strong, safe, consistent blood supply.
- Helps to build a strong community network by engaging others in a service project that saves lives.
- Connects young leaders to community influencers.