First Gift Placenta Donation Program
Versiti facilitates the acquisition and donation of placenta, which nourishes your baby while you are pregnant. Donated placenta can be used to heal patients with serious burns, sores and other wounds that are difficult to heal. Your decision to share this gift does not affect the birth or medical care of you or your baby.
How can I donate my placenta?
If you are planning a Caesarean section delivery, ask your physician if your delivery hospital currently participates in Versiti’s placenta donation program. Then, complete the short form below informing Versiti of your delivery hospital, C-section date and contact information. We will contact you to answer any questions you may have and gather additional information.
After you deliver your baby, your placenta will be respectfully tested, treated and processed under strict guidelines and in accordance with accepted medical and ethical standards.
What kind of patients benefit from donated placenta?
Grafts made from donated placenta can be used to help people with serious burns, sores and other wounds that are difficult to heal.
How to participate in the Versiti Birth Tissue Donation Program
- It’s simple: Just say YES to placenta donation. Your child’s birth will not be affected in any way.
- If you are planning a caesarian section delivery, ask your physician if your delivery hospital currently participates in this program.
- If you are a candidate, Versiti will contact you.
- We will ask for your consent on a recorded line. A series of questions will be reviewed regarding your medical and social history; this interview usually takes 20-25 minutes. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- After your delivery, your placenta will be respectfully tested, treated and processed under strict guidelines in accordance with accepted medical and ethical standards.