Organ, Tissue & Eye Donation in Wisconsin
To Make a Referral
24-Hour Referral Line 1-800-432-5405
When Do I Call?
Please call within 1 hour for any ventilated patient who meets a clinical trigger:
- Any discussion concerning end of life options (comfort care measures, no escalation of care, or withdrawal of life sustaining therapies)
- Non-survivable brain injury
- GCS ≤ 4 or absence of 2 or more Cranial Nerve Reflexes*
- First Indication of brain death
- Family initiates discussion regarding donation
* Cranial Nerve Reflexes = pupillary reaction, gag reflex,cough reflex, corneal reflex, cold-caloric reflex, doll’s eyes, response to pain and spontaneous breathing
All Patients: call immediately at cardiac time of death, even if the patient was referred for an above trigger.