What is Chimerism?
Chimerism occurs when a person’s body contains two different sets of DNA. Versiti Diagnostic Labs offers sophisticated chimerism testing for post-transplant patients, including those who received solid organ transplantation, bone marrow transplantation and cellular therapy treatments.
Versiti Diagnostic Laboratories’ expertise includes:
- More than 30 years of chimerism test experience in post-transplant monitoring and cell therapy
- Four-day testing turnaround time with low limit of detection
- Chimerism testing on cell enrichment types CD3, CD19, CD33, CD56
We support our transplant partners by helping to monitor the relative amounts of recipient and donor cells after transplantation. Important clinical events in allogenic bone marrow transplantation, such as engraftment, relapse and the effects of post-transplant therapies, can be monitored on a molecular level by using inherent genetic differences between recipients and donors.
Versiti Diagnostic Labs’ genetic chimerism testing has proven reliability, demonstrated by consistent, accurate, precise performance in proficiency programs.
Enriched Cell Populations
Enriched cell populations can also be used to monitor patients following hematopoietic stem cell transplant for more precise detection of changes in transplant dynamics. Testing for the following cell subtypes is available:
|Cell Marker||Cell Subset|
|CD56||Natural Killer (NK) cells|
Indications For Testing
- Monitor hematopoietic reconstruction following allogenic bone marrow transplantation
- Monitor effects of post-transplant therapies
- Monitor minimal residual disease or relapse