A Blood Group Facts
A Blood Group Explained: Everything You Need to Know About Type A Positive Blood and Type A Negative Blood
From A to O, your blood type is A-OK. It’s awesome and outstanding – and so are you. Learn more about how your amazing A positive blood type or A negative blood type saves lives in our community.
A+ Facts: Did You Know?
- 30% of the population have A+ blood – the second-most common type, so your donations are always in demand
- You can give blood to patients with types A+ and AB+
- You can receive blood from A+, A-, O+ and O- donors
- Men with A+ blood are a great candidate for platelet donations
A- Facts: Did You Know
- Only 6% of the population have A- blood – a rare type, so your donations are always needed
- You can give blood to patients with types A-, A+, AB- and AB+
- You can receive blood from A- and O- donors
For more of the science behind blood and blood types, visit the AABB (Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies) website.
Right now, a local hospital patient who shares your blood type is counting on your donation. Donate blood today.
Donate in Wisconsin
Every day, patients in your community need blood transfusions to survive and thrive. They rely on the generosity of donors like you, who help ensure a safe, healthy blood supply. Make an appointment to donate blood today.