Why Host a Blood Drive?
Blood drives are an excellent way to be recognized as a leader in your community, business, educational institution or place of worship. They are rewarding to host, and provide leadership and project management opportunities for employees. Your blood drive helps maintain a safe, stable blood supply, as patients rely on your donations for life-saving blood products.
Additionally, many customers and prospective employees are drawn to organizations associated with a cause. In fact, 87% say they would switch doing business with one brand in order to work with one that gives back to the community. Blood donation empowers these employees to give back to their community.
Who Can Host Blood Drives?
Many businesses hold regular blood drives that range from a commitment of 20-200+ donors. They are held on-site at your place of business, usually in a conference room, lunch room or other open space. If you don’t have space, we also have mobile buses that can be parked outside of your organization. We take donations right on the vehicle!
High schools and colleges host regular blood drives and represent more than 20% of all blood drives. Hosting a drive at your school instills a legacy that will be passed along to future classes. And, they’re a lot of fun!
Community and Civic Organizations
Donors are more likely to donate blood when they feel comfortable and are with people they know, which is why many community and civic organizations host blood drives. Different types of groups include:
- Community or city-wide drives
- Civic organizations, such as Lions or Elks clubs
- Faith-based organizations
- Moms’ groups or other special-interest groups that host drives to honor or commemorate an individual
- In order to host a blood drive, we ask groups to have a minimum of 30 donors committed to participate in the blood drive.
- The group must offer a location for the drive that meets our requirements.
- Drives are organized when it’s most convenient for your donors to give blood, often during evenings and weekends.
Ready to sign up? Contact us via email or by calling 877-BE-A-HERO.