There are lots of ways to get your community involved in fundraising for Versiti.
Once you have an idea of the event you’d like to host, please contact the Versiti Blood Research Institute Foundation to help you get started.
Fundraise on Facebook
Fundraising is easy to do on your personal Facebook page. Facebook’s tool enables you to accept donations from your network of friends and share the fundraiser with others outside of your network.
Setting up a Facebook Fundraiser on your personal page:
- On your personal page, click the three gray dots below the “What’s on your mind?” field and select “Support Nonprofit.” A dropdown will appear with suggested organizations; select “Versiti.”
- Write a message about why you’re raising funds for Versiti, what our mission means to you, or any other heartfelt message.
- Share the post with your friends—don’t forget to make it public so your friends can share it with their networks, too—and watch the donations roll in.
Creating a Facebook Fundraiser from the Versiti page:
- Visit the official Versiti Facebook page and click the “Fundraisers” tab on the left.
- Click the blue button to the right of the feed that says “+ Raise Money.”
- Enter a goal amount and an end date for your fundraiser.
- Give your fundraiser a name and description.
- Select a cover photo; we’ve provided suggestions.
- Click the blue “Create” button.
Please note: At this time, Facebook Fundraising is only supported by Versiti’s corporate Facebook Page. Visit www.facebook.com/WeAreVersiti to get started.