Shelita Furlow (mother of Jovan Wilder, who donated his liver, kidneys and heart)
Health Resources and Services Administration DoNation Campaign
HRSA DoNation Campaign
The DoNation Campaign, formerly known as Workplace Partnership for Life, encourages hospitals and workplaces of all industries to help raise awareness of the lifesaving and life-enhancing gifts of organ, tissue and eye donation. Since the program began, more than 13,000 hospitals and organizations have helped to register more than 1 million new organ and tissue donors.
Participating hospitals and organizations receive a DoNation Campaign scorecard that includes a list of suggested activities in which your organization may take part. Your organization earns points for each activity completed and each new donor registration recorded throughout the duration of the campaign.
At the end of the campaign, points are tallied and hospitals and organizations that reach specific benchmarks are awarded federal recognition from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
- Set up donor registry enrollment tables at your hospital or workplace
- Participate in an enrollment competition among your organization’s teams
- Hold a Donate Life flag-raising ceremony
- Invite an organ transplant recipient or donor family to speak to your employees
- Promote the program on your organization’s intranet